Wednesday, November 18, 2009

!

Oh my god, Kate Miller-Heidke was literally amazing. As soon as she came on stage she had the audience screaming, her purple and silver ruffle dress with her "apricot" hair was just so cute and the way she talked to the crowd like she had known us forever, telling us about her bikini wax in bondi and an encounter with a lady from Delaware, it was just so wonderful how down to earth and cool she really is. When she sang "Space They Cannot Touch" (one of my favourites) she got to the chorus and had a minor throat itch and excused herself to cough and then laughed at the fact that in that very moment, the song was ment to be really magical and moving and she said she ruined it, but I think she made it better.
I didn't get any pictures because my camera has bipolar and it was an off day, and my mobile phone has really bad camera quality so all of the photos were just blurs of neon light. But I don't think I will ever forget that night, it was just sooooo great and it was even greater because I shared it with Sara (:
After the concert I really wanted to hang around to see if I could give Kate this book that I made for Visual Design that was based on her, it is probably creepy but I think she would've been flattered. Anyway, Sara wouldn't allow me to hang around so we walked back to Civic station and sat there while I was in a really shitty mood because I couldn't give Kate my book and because I wanted to hang around and catch the late train home.
Sitting at the station was fun though, I think because my mood was just so foul, we both laughed at it and then my anger turned to disappointment and discontent noises so Sara tried to comfort me by saying "would you like some chips" and I said "aww that would be nice" and she said "go buy some then" hahahahahah that got me out of my bad mood. Then on the train on the way back to Hamilton, she was making me blow kisses at the people at the train stations along the way but instead of blowing a normal affectionate kiss I licked my hand and pulled a really horrible face then outstretched my hand like I was offering my saliva covered limb to the people at the stations hahah that made us both laugh, and probably gave the people night mares.
When we were at civic, there was this apple on the seat that was making me really angry because I hate it when people leave rotten bits of fruit or chewy or other remnants of their meals around the place, so I hit it and it went under the vending machine, I probably should've cleaned it up but I didn't know where it had been.
Also, earlier that day, Sara, Bianca and myself went into the Beaumont St markets and looked around, I bought this really cute headband with material flower shapes on it and buttons and then seen this really horrible apron that made me want to cry, it said "I love small defenceless animals, especially with a good gravy". How fucking horrible is that, oh god it makes me angry thinking about it, what sicko would print that on an apron. Yuck.
Anyway, after I seen that apron and cooled down a bit, us three travelled up the road a bit further where I encountered a 30-40 year old "mentally special" greasy italian man that said these exact words to me "girl with a dress like that you make a mans heart go boom" and "your dress with its colours really make a boys heart melt like my own is meltin" and "my name's Paul by the way, you have a nice day now girl, you have a really nice smile by the way" then shook my hand and tried to walk with me, but I told him I had to go and see my friend because my "friend" ran away from me hahaha f you Sara. (she got karma when we were on the train by trying to hide from me in another seat then got chatted to about an old mans blood clots by another mentally special fellow)
After we went to the markets, Bianca went home and Sara and I caught a train into Darby St where we went to Blackbird Corner and met up with Candice and Hannah. At first I was shy but after that I was chatty and we were all laughing. They are both really nice and funny girls that I hope to hang out with again soon :)
So basically, Sunday and Monday were the best days I have had in a while, and basically I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment