Friday, April 23, 2010

argh

There has been something getting on my nerves for a few days now so I figured I should vent it.
My friends were talking about having some sort of get together next weekend and they were told that they were allowed to bring their "other halves". Why are they their "other half", why is it that as soon as you get into a relationship some part of you slips away so you are now just a half and your significant other is the half that makes you a whole. I think that is completely ridiculous, we aren't all wandering halves looking for someone to make us whole and we don't become a half as soon as we gain a boyfriend/girlfriend and what about when the couple breaks up (because as you know, this day and age nothing lasts forever) do the two people become whole again or are they permanent halves always looking for another half to complete them again? Me being one of the two only single people in my group of friends, I think I am completely whole, I don't feel the need to have someone there constantly and I think that if we were meant to have someone else in our lives to complete us or make us whole then we would have a fucking tracking device or some shit. The whole concept of "I need you or I will die, you're my other half, blah blah" pisses me off to no extent, I think it is utter bullshit. We are a whole person, not a fucking half.

No comments:

Post a Comment